Are you enthusiastic about having a rewarding career in care?
Are you willing to help us deliver our philosophy of joy, happiness and fulfillment for vulnerable adults?
We are looking for flexible and dedicated Senior Health Care Assistants to join our friendly team at Burrows House.
What we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay upwards on experience
- Rolling rotas and flexibility
- Free bespoke competency and specialized training and the chance to work your way up
- Refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox – 100s free perks (discounts when shopping at more than 1000 supermarkets and more than 20000 local shops, free phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and many more)
What we need from you:
- Have an NVQ 3 qualification in Health and Care as well as experience in the sector
- A caring nature and a sincere compassion, honesty and respect for vulnerable adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with different kind of clients and attend their needs by delivering physical, psychological and social care and supporting the smooth running of the routines within the homes
- Ability to work under pressure, on your own or as part of the team
- Ensure the smooth running of the routines within the home. Full supervision of the Keyworker system; any staff in the induction period; and the recording and maintenance of crucial records relating to residents and procedures.
- Deal with medication and act as a point of reference
- Answer enquiries from visitors and professional bodies associated with the care of the residents.
Who we are:
Gold Care Homes was established in 1999 and has since grown to operate 20 care homes, predominantly in the northern Home Counties. The group offers a range of services which includes residential, nursing, frail elderly and dementia care. Respite care is also available on a short term basis, subject to bed availability, at most of the homes.
Gold Care Homes is an equal opportunities employer.
If this sounds appealing to you and you believe you would enjoy working with us to make a difference in people’s lives, please apply.
The post holder will be responsible for the Care Team working on the shift.
They will deliver physical, psychological and social care to the frail elderly residents of the home.
Ensure the smooth running of the routines within the home. Full supervision of the Keyworker system; any staff in the induction period; and the recording and maintenance of crucial records relating to residents and procedures.
Other responsibilities will include medication distribution; acting as a point of reference; answering enquiries from visitors and professional bodies associated with the care of the residents.
- Deliver a high level of personal and psychological care to all residents in a professional manner, arranging rotas to meet their care requirements eg medications; toileting; bathing; etc.
- Complete records where required to a satisfactory standard. Ensuring the changeover and Keyworker documentation are fully completed within the timeframes agreed.
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty, acting as a motivator and mentor promoting team-working for both care staff and co-worker senior staff.
- Act as an ambassador for the Home in all dealings with visitors and the general public, who call at the home for whatever reason by displaying impeccable professional behaviour and leading by example.
- Ensure the individual rights of residents and staff are safeguarded in accordance with the Home’s philosophy of care and in the wider care sector by being aware of the working practices and activities being actioned.
- Provide an efficient telephone and enquiry service to the general public and relatives, by listening to what is required and when necessary seeking the answers and calling the person back.
· Accept responsibility for a specialist area (to be agreed) to be controlled and managed by you for the benefit of the Management/Senior Carer Team.
- Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
- Work individually and within the team to provide the necessary back up for all staff, to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Home and in consideration of its residents.
- Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
- Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any additional duties as requested.
- To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
- To ensure excellent leadership and supervision of staff to ensure they are engaged and supervised at all times.
- To review on a regular basis the job description for your post and to agree any changes.
Policies and Procedures
- To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job and its responsibilities.
Gold Care Homes is a company which consistently and positively celebrates differences that we have as people. This Home, in its policy and training, describes what we can expect of each other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.