Senior Staff Nurse
Service: Low & Medium Secure Psychiatric Hospital
Location: near Gatwick Airport, Surrey
Salary: £29,500 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Rotational Shift Pattern (Days, Nights and Weekends)
Contract type: Permanent
Service Description / Job Details: We are currently looking for experienced mental health nurses ( RMN ) or learning disability nurses ( RNLD ) to work within a Secure Hospital situated near Gatwick Airport. The Hospital provides personalised assessment and treatment programmes for service users with complex care needs, histories of offending, along with those who may have failed in previous placements. The Hospital has a combination of medium secure and low secure wards and provides a seamless internal care pathway, supporting and empowering service users in their recovery and rehabilitation.
The hospital is committed to the development and well-being of all staff and provides regular supervision, on-going training and access to company-wide career opportunities. Further to this is the opportunity to work within a leading brand of independent mental health care providers, and to work in a friendly environment.
Person Specification: Successful candidates will be motivated to work in a service that offers involvement and empowerment for patients, who may have a personality disorder and/or mental illness, encouraging patients to have a real voice in how services develop and in their individualised care pathways. You will be flexible and supportive, enabling patients to build on their existing strengths and feel positive about their lives. Successful candidates will be trained as a mental health nurse (RMN) and will hold a valid and up to date PIN. Successful candidates will be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction.
- An annual payment of £1,000 for continuous service for the first three years
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays, and extra leave after 5 and 10 years' service
- Subsidised meals on shift
- Preceptorships for newly qualified nurses
- SMART Pension scheme with employer contribution
- SMART childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Just drive scheme
- Free parking on site
- Employee Benefits for you scheme - offering a wide range of discounts, high street vouchers and gift cares, online vouchers and cash back offers
- The hospital offers nurses to diversify (clinical specialisms and management courses)
- Clinical professional development - nurse-led panel, career development and intranet resources
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Erin Banner on 01489 774 204. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.