Unit Manager/Senior Nurse
£14.50 per hour
Scotia Heights - Stoke-On-Trent
Scotia Heights is a purpose built, modern building which offers a real home from home environment. It is a 60 bed home which cares for individuals with complex mental health needs and complex physical needs (including tracheostomy and ventilator care). On a recent questionnaire, one relative said 'since being in the home, my brother has had the best care I could wish for. The staff are brilliant, the home and his room are the best I have come across.'
We recognise that being a nurse is at the heart of what you do – so you’ll be able to keep your skills and experience up to date but, as a Senior Nurse/Unit Manager, you’ll also have the opportunity to use and develop your management abilities.
As a Unit Co-ordinator with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
- Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments , comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- On-going development
- Competitive rates of pay
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career progression
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
Being the care provider of choice for our customers
Encouraging communication, sharing knowledge, and embracing the views of stakeholders
Investing in our personal and professional development
Networking with others to expand our horizons
Growing in confidence, competence, and capability
Individually and collectively making a positive difference
Nurturing innovation and encouraging new ideas
Sharing our passion and enthusiasm with those around us
Providing high quality care services in high quality purpose built homes
Improving our status, ensuring quality standards and financial targets are met or exceeded
Enjoying what we do
Delighting all our stakeholders
Exemplar started life as a training company, helping a care home operator get to grips with an ever-increasing regulatory burden. We helped co-ordinate nursing adaptation courses for overseas nurses too.
Having all this knowledge at our fingertips, we quickly moved into care home operation, taking over 5 elderly care homes in need of some tlc. We still have these homes and they form the bedrock on which the rest has been built.