We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre.
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Outpatient, Endoscopy and PEC Manager
As a Senior Pre-Assessment Nurse you will be responsible for supporting the Outpatient Manager in the continued development of the outpatient and pre-assessment service. You will work in partnership with and deputise for the Outpatient Lead Nurse.
Key duties will include:
• Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
• Supporting the Outpatient Lead by being visible and accessible to patients, relatives and clinical staff and offer assistance, advice and support as required
• Working in partnership with the Outpatient Lead and Clinical Heads of Department in ensuring that the patients’ admission is appropriate based on diagnosis and that the scheduling of patients is efficient and effective, ensuring a highly effective fast track service for day care and inpatient cases
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Substantial Experience at Band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
• Experience of service development in a clinical area
• Orthopaedic/Ophthalmic experience
• The ability to work closely with and gain the respect of medical colleagues to develop the service appropriately
• The ability to take a clinical lead whilst reporting to a team leader
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.