BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 375 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Valid NMC Registration.
• RSCN or RN (Child)
• Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
• ENB 998 or equivalent
• Post registration course
• D32/33 NVQ Assessor’s course
Duties of this role include:
• To keep up to date with current trends and developments in Children’s nursing and take responsibility for own professional development.
• To comply, at all times, with the NMC Code of Conduct for nurses.
• To maintain effective communication with other departments and wards.
• To assist in the training of new members of staff and junior colleagues.
• Maintain professional confidentiality.
• Be a prime care giver for a defined group of Child patients and their families.
• To play a key role in setting and maintaining measurable Child standards of care.
• In collaboration with the Sister play a key role in the formulation of Child policies and procedures.
• To liaise effectively with consultants and resident medical officers ensuring that medical instructions are carried out promptly and correctly.
• To ensure all nursing practice is research based.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.