BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN or EN
- Post registration clinical course ENB 237 or N59 or equivalent
- Relevant transferable experience/skills (desirable)
- Excellent clinical skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Familiar with clinical governance
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Motivated and willing to learn/develop
- Committed to the provision of a quality service to out patients and consultants
Duties of this role include:
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care offered to patients and Consultants through effective systems, documentation and communication.
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care
- To contribute to the continuing development of professional nursing practice in the clinical environment
- To identify ways to grow and develop the surgical services and unit.Keep up to date with professional issues, embrace new ideas that influence nursing practice relating to your specialist area.
- Ensure effective use of available resources, including duty rota, exercise economy in the use of consumables, promote awareness of budgetary implications by use of charging systems and ward labour management tools.
- Encourage a learning and supportive environment, assist with developing competencies to enable other staff to manage patients having had surgical procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.