BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre Admissions department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Post registration surgical experience
- Good all-round knowledge of surgical patients from different specialities
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good theoretical knowledge
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Committed to the provision of a quality service to our patients and consultants
- Familiar with clinical governance activities
Duties of this role include:
- With support of the Ward / Clinical Manager, to lead and develop the pre-admission services for patient undergoing elective surgery at The Runnymede Hospital, working towards the optimisation of patients’ health prior to their admission to hospital.
- To be responsible for the daily operational management of the department.
- To support a team of staff, including nursing and administrative staff.
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of care in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
- To develop your knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical areas.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.