Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Service Quality Inspector will ensure that Quality Assurance processes are robust across the region, led by effective self-assessments by Home managers.
Purpose of Role
• To lead on the quality assurance processes in the region, led by the self-assessment process.
• To investigate major complaints and incidents.
• To develop others in their professional care practices, providing specialist support and advice in delivering or monitoring care in support of the Residents’ choices and care needs.
• To provide leadership, advice and support to colleagues within the Operations Team, through effective guidance from specialist lead positions (e.g. medicines, hospitality, activities, estates) to achieve regulatory compliance and continually improving quality of care.
The Candidate will:
• Hold a degree level qualification
• Be a Registered General / Mental Health Nurse
o Evidence of CPD in line with NMC requirements and a positive approach to personal continuous training and development.
o Knowledge of National Standards, professional nursing standards and NMC code of practice.
o Knowledge and understanding of person centred care planning process and the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Have a minimum of 2 years post registration experience in a Social Care environment with Vulnerable Adults or similar setting (as a senior member of the nursing team).
• Have experience of developing services to achieve improvements, of completing clinical audits / inspections and working with Regulators, of proactively conducting and managing Residents’ reviews taking account of the Resident or their Representatives’ needs and wishes and extensive experience of working in Care with Vulnerable Adults.
• Have knowledge of Regulations and Legislation and how this applies to Care Homes.
• Have the ability to identify root causes of issued and remain focused on their resolution.
• Excellent time management, delegation and organisational skills.
HC-One specialises in Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care with homes throughout the UK. Each of our Residents and their relatives can trust that the care they will receive will be delivered with kindness, thoughtfulness and respect, in a safe, warm, comfortable and welcoming environment.
HC-One stands for Health and Care – which is what we do – and the One, which symbolises how we do it. At HC-One we focus on the individual, striving to provide the best and kindest possible care, to the one who matters, the Resident, by the one who makes the difference, the individual member of staff.
We are a company founded on the principles of accountability, involvement and partnership with a management team of highly experienced senior health and social care professionals. We want relatives, staff, purchasers and regulators to know that we will listen to each one of you. We are on a journey to provide the kindest possible care employing some of Britain's kindest and most professional people.