The main purpose of this post will be receiving and managing urgent telephone enquires outside of normal working hours from patients known to LOC who are receiving systemic anti-cancer treatment (SACT), undertake assessment of patients health needs with the aid of UKONS triage tool and in compliance with clinical guidelines, arrange medical review, admission or follow up as an appropriate outcome to the assessment.
Shift Patterns: 37.5 hrs a week (Monday - Friday) Nights, Weekend Days, Bank Holiday Days/Nights: 11.5 Hour shifts on Internal Rotation.
The Post holder will be based at The Harley Street Clinic, this is a phone-based position.
Shift Patterns comprise of 20:00 - 08:00 (8pm - 8am) cover.
The projected per annum salary depending on experience is £35,673 - £40,401 plus excellent Shift Allowance on top.
Email [Click here to apply]
for a detailed Job Description or to arrange an Informal Visit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance of clinical standards and to share in the efficient
running of the service.
- Participate in the evaluation of the Out of Hours service and assist with the
implementation of changes as required and agreed to ensure continuous service
- Provide clinical assessment and triage to patients by telephone aided by
Electronic Patient Records (EPR), UKONS Triage Assessment Tool and Clinical
- Maintain accurate contemporaneous computerized clinical records of every
contact, including plan of care, advice given and recommended follow up. This
includes documenting any adverse event - Take clinical responsibility for themselves and to provide assistance to other health professionals as required.
- Assist in the education of service users in the correct use of the Out of Hours triage help line, Primary Care services, NHS Emergency Services including 999.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- High level of current clinical knowledge
- Triage patient assessment experience: Experience with a range of patient groups
- Ability to project clarity during a telephone conversation
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with emergency situations and /or difficult clients and stressful situations professionally.
- Ability to delegate and prioritise.
- Understanding of Urgent Care
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
0207 861 8777