|Senior Staff Nurse (RMN)
Site or Unit :
Huntercombe Hospital Roehampton
Holybourne Avenue London SW15 4JD
Contracted Weekly Hours : 37.625 Hours per week
The Huntercombe Hospital Roehampton is a 39 bedded purpose-built psychiatric intensive care unit in South West London. The hospital provides a secure and safe, gender-specific environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
The hospital is located just off the A306 in Roehampton, 4 miles from Richmond and 9 miles from central London. We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
We specialise in providing intensive and bespoke, individualised treatment plans and accept those with multiple diagnoses, complex health needs and challenging behaviours from across the country who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (2007). We currently have over 150 employees and we have a low turnover of staff. The hospital is ideally situated on local bus routes and close to main line train stations. The amenities within the area include an ASDA supermarket and local shopping facilities. The hospital is situated next to the beautiful National Nature Reserve, Richmond Park. The convenient location of the hospital offers easy access on the bus to Central London. The hospital benefits from the following facilities, gym, therapy kitchen, OT garden, outdoor sports area and learning skills/Art room.
In your role as a Senior Staff Nurse you have the responsibility for leading your shift to ensure we deliver excellent standards of care; promoting independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation for patients.
So as a Senior Staff Nurse what do you need to do to make this happen?
• Reports to the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager and Registered Manager and is responsible for the supervisory management of all support and ancillary staff and the efficient deployment of all resources used within the unit when acting as the Senior Nurse on duty.
• Assist the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager in formulating and implementing nursing standards and other quality measurement criteria in conjunction with the Registered Manager.
• Assist the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager and Registered Manager in ensuring that all patients are subject to initial and on-going assessments to determine their individual needs in order to accurately formulate a Personal Care Plan.
• Assist the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager and Registered Manager in ensuring that individual care plans and guidelines are formulated and implemented for all patients and reviewed on a regular basis.
• Assist the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager and Registered Manager in ensuring that regular reviews are held for each patient, in accordance with the placing authority's wishes and/or according to company's policies and guidelines chairing reviews as agreed or required.
• Assist the Nursing Team Leader / Deputy Manager and Registered Manager in ensuring that the general health and well-being of the patients is monitored, interventions carried out, appropriate appointments made and that all staff maintain high standards of care and hygiene.
In order to achieve this our Senior Staff Nurses should have:
• RMN qualified and must hold a current registration with the NMC and have a legal right to work in the UK.
• A flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, show empathy and a desire to make a difference.
• Be up to date with current practices, show leadership qualities and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care.
• Excellent verbal and written skills ability to construct reports
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to lead and manage others, promoting commitment and motivation
• Able to manage change and conflict, flexible and adaptable.
The Huntercombe Group provide a variety of competitive benefits, including free life cover, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
Closing date: 30 days from posting unless otherwise stated.
We encourage applicants to apply promptly as we review CVs on a daily basis. The majority of our roles close 30 days after posting.
Where we receive a large number of suitable applications we may close a job early.No agencies please
For information on the company's policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, please click on the following link www.fshc.co.uk/binary/CGq.pdf
Not ready to apply?
The Huntercombe Group is part of Four Seasons Health Care, one of the UK's leading independent healthcare operators, and shares its ethos of delivering the highest quality professional and personal care.
The Huntercombe Group consists of hospitals and centres throughout the UK, highly regarded for quality of care and innovation in their respective fields. The centres provide acute and longer term treatment in the areas of mental health and addictions, brain injury rehabilitation and neurodisabilitiy and learning disabilities.
||For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.