Base Pay : £0.00 - £14.85 /Hour
Other Pay : Excellent
Location : UK-Brandon, Durham
Site or Unit :
Brandon Lodge Care HomeAddress :
Commercial Street Brandon County Durham DH7 8PHContracted Weekly Hours : 38.5
Brandon Lodge is a modern two storey care home with 38 beds, providing permanent and respite care for residential and general nursing clients. We have three light and airy lounges, giving residents a choice of areas where they can relax quietly, or join in activities and social gatherings. In summer, people love to enjoy the fresh air in our small garden and patio area. All year, they can watch the changing seasons from the comfort of their rooms or our dining room.
So as a Senior Staff Nurse what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the home and unit – liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
In order to achieve this our Senior Staff Nurses should have:
A flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos. Be up to date with current practices, have strong leadership skills and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care.
Must hold a current registration with NMC and have a legal right to work in the UK.
At least 2 years' experience in a similar role.
Come and join our team and help deliver special resident experiences everywhere.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
As a qualified nurse you can enjoy up to £1,250 in your first year as a welcome bonus.
- subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care, please click on Apply now.