Partnerships in Care is one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience and highly skilled teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
Our Burton Park unit is currently seeking an experienced Senior Staff Nurse who can provide high quality evidenced based nursing care as part of a transdisciplinary team within a neuropsychiatry environment.
Our Senior Staff Nurse role involves:
- Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patients
- Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient on admission
- Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual
- Compiling a positive risk management plan
- Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework
- Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift
- Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a rehabilitation setting
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the transdisciplinary team
- Managing medication as per hospital policy
- Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct
- Ensuring that you are up to date with relevant hospital policies
- Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness
- Taking charge of the unit as and when is required
- Communicating effectively with the team
- To be fully conversant and comply with current legislation and professional standards
- To be successful for the higher level nurse positions you would be expected to take on a higher level of responsibility in the above tasks; beyond monitoring, reviewing and contributing.
- Being responsible for the provision of regular supervision sessions and ensure that annual appraisals are completed for allocated nursing staff in accordance with Hospital policy
- Assisting in leading and monitoring the performance of the nursing team
- Being able to plan, organise and deploy staff according to competencies and workload in order to meet patient needs
- Acting as a mentor for junior staff
- Supporting recruitment of unqualified staff
- Ensuring thorough inductions are completed for all new and bureau staff
To be successful as Senior Staff Nurse, you’ll need:
- Completion of pre-registration/ Preceptorship
- Positive role model
- Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development
- Experience of working in a similar environment and role
- A focus on patient centred care
- Demonstrable experience of being a team player
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible
- Strong leadership and management of people skills
- Ability to problem solve and have a solution focussed approach.
- Experience of working within an environment with patients presenting as challenging in management
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
All positions within Partnerships in Care (PiC) are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance PiC will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies.
PiC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully and ensure that you demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience required to carry out the role.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We aim to write to all applicants informing them of the outcome of their application, but if we have not contacted you after four weeks from the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.