£8.50 per hour + Company Benefits
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join the team at our Young People's Residential Service based in Manchester. This is a Full Time position working 35 hours per week.
Our young people's services provide high quality residential and educational services for young people aged up to 19. We offer tailored care and support for young people with conditions such as autism, mental health problems, challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.
- Support service users and encourage them to engage with activities
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality support
- Promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- Deliver support in accordance with the relevant National Minimum Standards
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment
- Communicate effectively with people that attend the day centre, managers and other professionals, both in writing and verbally
- Attend training sessions, team meetings and supervisions in accordance with company objectives
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Child Care & Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction
- On-going training and development
- Ability to demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Experience of complex/challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Flexible and willing to work nights and sleepovers
Our positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.