Senior Theatre Nurse
Our private hospital based in Bolton, caters for individuals on private healthcare plans offering a safe and friendly enviornment for individuals undergoing surgery, and presently have a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Nurse.
Senior Theatre Nurse Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Duties of this Senior Theatre Nurse role include:
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care
• Participate in the 5 steps of the WHO Patient Safety checklists where appropriate for role.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
• Complete mandatory checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
For more information on this Senior Theatre Nurse role, feel free to call Barry on 0161 956 8956, or to apply, please see below.