BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield has a vacancy for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 375 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Nurse – Level 1 Adult
• 998/ SLPs/FLPs or equivalent
• Relevant critical care experience up to Level 3
• ENB 100/ Critical Care Course (Accredited)
• Need to complete the ALS within six months of start date
• Post regulatory experience of which 18 months should be a relevant specialty
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Mentorship experience
Duties of this role include:
• Ensure compliance with regulations and hospital policies with regard to the level of critical care provided.
• Attend and participate in unit meetings
• Participate in mentorship of staff and students
• Provide a supportive environment for junior staff
• Assist in the provision of a unit environment conducive to learning
• Act as a positive role model to colleagues
• Adhere to unit, nursing departments and hospital policies
• Assist with the creation and review of patient centered standards of care
• Effective communication at unit level and with all other areas within the hospital
• Promote cost effective utilization of resources
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.