Site Maintenance Officer
We are a well established care organization that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff is available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
You will maintain buildings, plant and equipment and act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
- To operate a planned system of general maintenance and repairs
- To ensure the smooth running of all plant machinery and equipment, including safety and state of repair
- To liaise with external contractors on work beyond the scope of general repair and maintenance
- To obtain maximum economical efficiency from all plant and equipment. Advise on the control of temperature and conservation of energy
- To keep record as required, and carry out relevant administration including hours worked for payment purposes
- To advise on the need to order oil supplies, supervise deliveries and carry out regular checks on boilers and maintain boiler houses and surrounding areas, ensuring that they are free from spillage’s
- To ensure that all equipment and chemicals are handled correctly and are secured in a locked area away from the residents
- To ensure that all tools are in good repair and accounted for at all times.
- To carry out weekly checks on fire alarms
- To prepare contingency plans in the event of power failure and organise emergency lamps in such an event and education of the nursing and care staff in the emergency maintenance of the generator
- To assist in emergency evacuation for fire drills
- To be available for emergency call-out
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Full, clean driving licence
- Flexibility to work shift patters
- To be person-centred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Oral/written communication skills
If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now!
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.