Social Worker - Children
Overall Purpose for this Post
To provide quality social worker services to Children and their families based on the policies and objectives of the Children, Young People and Families.
- To assess the needs of children and their families for the Department's Services and to make the necessary arrangements for the services to be provided where appropriate and possible.
- To pursue actively equality of opportunity in service provision and delivery.
- To be pro-active in implementing Leicester City Council's policies on environmental issues.
- Summary of Job Tasks
- To employ a variety of social work skills and methods in order to achieve specific objectives as agreed with Team Manager and as far as possible, with service users.
- To work with cases in accordance with the Department's child care policies and relevant child care legislation.
- To take account of a child's and her/his family's culture, racial and linguistic background and religious persuasion in providing services.
- To be responsible for efficient caseload management.
- To maintain efficient and reliable liaison with other agencies.
- To maintain up to date case records and to provide reports for the Department and other agencies as required.
- To contribute when required to do so by a Team Manager or Service Manager to the maintenance of Children in Need service across the Department.
- To participate in monitoring procedures designed to evaluate the impact of own work and the work of the Department.
- To attend team meetings and to participate in team development.