Full Time or Part Time
£45,000 - £55,000
An opportunity has arisen for a Sonographer to join our dedicated and professional multi-disciplinary team at our service in Southampton.
The department runs fast and convenient access to high quality diagnostic imaging procedures for people throughout Hampshire and surrounding areas who are undergoing outpatient consultation or a procedure bases at the service.
The successful Sonographer will be working as part of a highly skilled and professional clinical team delivers X-ray and Ultrasound and are in partnership with an external provider to provide MRI and CT scanning services.
You will be joining a friendly supportive team. The successful applicant(s) will be working autonomously alongside a small group of radiographers. This company is able to offer flexible working with shift patterns to suit personal needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Diagnostic Unit Manager, you will be providing a wide range of ultrasound examinations to include: gynaecological, abdominal, vascular, musculoskeletal and small parts.
- You will have direct access to the referring consultants for discussion and clinically justifying referrals.
- Being able to react and adapt to the demands of the service is essential.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate a high level of competency, exemplary patient care and a warm, approachable manner. You will also need a degree of flexibility and the ability to work without supervision under pressure.
This organisation actively promote personal development and learning with regular internal CPD clinical meetings, funding is available for external courses. It is important to this company that their team continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful Sonographer will need to demonstrate the following;
- Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description.
- Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
- To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role.
- To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance of all aspects which contribute to a safe and high quality ultrasound service.
- Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma (Pg Cert / Dip)
- HPC Registration.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on 01489 774207 and or email Lydia.email@example.com