1 Permanent Sonographer
28 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen for a Part time Sonographer to join our dedicated and professional multi-disciplinary team at St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre and Havant NHS Diagnostic Centre. Our Centre’s are run on behalf of the NHS to provide fast and convenient access to high quality diagnostic imaging procedures for people in Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
We are a friendly supportive team which currently consists of twelve radiographers and four sonographers. We can offer flexible working with shift patterns to suit personal needs, as our centre is open five days per week between 8 am and 6pm.
We actively promote CPD with regular internal CPD clinical forums and funding is available for external courses. We want our team to continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Diagnostic Manager to provide a wide range of ultrasonography examinations including gynaecological, abdominal and small parts. Experience of clinically justifying ultrasound referrals and being able to react and adapt to the demands of the service is essential. To be successful you’ll be required to be able to demonstrate a high level of competency, exemplary patient care and a warm, approachable manner. You will also need a degree of flexibility and the ability to work, without supervision, under pressure.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
• Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description
• Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential
• To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and all other partners
• An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations
• To show high levels of self-motivation and be capable of using your own initiative.
• To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance of all aspects which contribute to a safe and high quality ultrasound service
• DMU or PgDip in Medical Ultrasound (ideally from a CASE accredited institution) or equivalent.
• Sonographer’s with only a PgC in (general) Ultrasound will be considered
• HCPC registered
• Evidence of Post Graduate education/CPD Scope of Role:
This role would particularly suit an experienced and senior sonographer interested in a progressive role with increased responsibility. Offering: - excellent working conditions, a competitive salary, 3 day week with a rolling rota. Care UK will provide you with all this and you will be a valued member of the team who truly has the opportunity to make a difference.
For more information or an informal chat please give me a call.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.