Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to be the Sous Chef at our brand new Gracewell Home in Bath?
Gracewell of Bath is a purpose built state of the art 62 bed home due to open in early 2017. We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef
to come and join our team at the end of February.
The purpose of the Sous Chef
is to assist the Head Chef to manage effectively and efficiently all Catering services in the Home, delivering consistently high quality menus in line with the resident needs & preferences and annual budget. The Sous Chef
will assist to maintain excellent health & safety standards in the kitchen and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, regulations and Statutory provisions in the effective management of the Home.
The Sous Chef
will comply with kitchen staff duty rotas to ensure consistent service, delivery of the brand proposition and adherence to budget in accordance with Company policy. The Sous Chef
will also promote leadership and mentoring to kitchen staff to maintain excellent standards of performance, to ensure awareness and implementation of best practice and to support individual team staff members.
- Chef/cook experience
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Food handling course qualification
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Effective time keeping and time management
Gracewell Healthcare is a leading premier healthcare provider of residential, nursing and dementia care delivered in a most luxurious home environment providing the very highest standards of care to our residents. We believe great care starts with great people, so we are always keen to hear from passionate people who share our commitment to quality and professionalism. Gracewell Healthcare has a varied range of career options available to individuals all supported by extensive learning and development programmes to make the most of your career with us.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday
- Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords