Due to new development funding, there is an exciting opportunity to develop our acute services and work within the responsive acute admissions teams alongside our existing medical and surgical wards. We have opportunity to combine this with our recently commissioned Specialist Community Stroke Team creating the potential for up to a full time post (consisting 06wte Stroke team / 04wte acute services).
Both teams are supportive and dynamic in their approaches and are looking to recruit an enthusiastic band 6 SLT.
The post holder will be:
Within the stroke team;
- Providing specialist stroke assessment and rehab as part of our ESD and longer term rehab services for up to 4 months following discharge form hospital.
- Working collaboratively with the MDT (hospital teams and community teams) to deliver goal focused, person centred, integrated therapy to individuals and their relatives in their own homes and residential / nursing homes in the Crewe and surrounding areas.
- The Community Stroke Team consists of huge range of professionals from PT /OT to dietetic services, nursing, psychology services, social workers and rehab assistants and works in partnership with stroke association locally to provide a holistic service to the patient.
Within the acute services;
- providing responsive assessment/management for patients in the medical, surgical and acute admissions wards at Leighton Hospital working collaboratively with the wider MDT teams and agencies.
Across both services:
- the individual will benefit from accessing a robust system of clinical supervision and wider MDT (weekly patient team meetings in Stroke team) and SLT network and support (actively engaging in monthly team mtgs within SLT, including journal clubs, CPD sessions and informal support arrangement clinically / professionally)
- travel is essential requirement of the post
This is great opportunity for someone who shares our passion for good quality patient care and enthusiasm for ongoing improvements, working with patients and our partners to design our services better together - please contact us for more information - Julie Lynn - Community Stroke Team SLT ( ( Phone number removed ) ) / Sandra Wilkes - Acute services SLT ( ( Phone number removed ) ).
MCHFT is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC. In recent years we have invested in clinical expansion and now have cutting edge clinical facilities including Critical Care and state-of-the-art theatres.
The Trust is situated in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside. Our location puts Manchester and Liverpool on our doorstep, and London is only a 90 minute train ride away. If you prefer the great outdoors, both the Peak District and North Wales neighbour the county and are easily accessible.
The Trust has a formal clinical partnership with University Hospital North Midlands and benefits from links with Chester and Manchester Metropolitan Universities.
Please check your email (including spam/junk folders) regularly as we will use this to contact you about your application.
Positions betweeen bands 1 - 9 (AfC) are subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
MCHFT operates a Preferred Supplier List for all recruitment, and asks agencies to refrain from making contact with or submitting CVs to Colleagues in our organisation. Speculative approaches may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.
Recruitment to all our roles is based on the Trust's values and behaviours which can be viewed via the attached link. Only applicants who demonstrate how they meet the person specification and demonstrate the Trust's values and behaviours will be shortlisted.
Should you require a reasonable adjustment to our recruitment process please contact a member of the Recruitment Team on ( Phone number removed ) at the earliest opportunity and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.
We reserve the right to close vacancies when we have received sufficient applications.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust does not re-imburse travel to interview expenses.
The Trust operates a no smoking policy. A copy of the Smoking on Trust Premises policy is available upon request.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.