SSenior Physiotherapist (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Winterbourne Hospital in Dorchester are recruiting for Senior Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Inpatient's Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
This role will cover evenings and weekends
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Rotational experience in orthopaedics and inpatient care settings essential
- Able to work with a high level of clinical reasoning independently in lone working situations
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist with Postgraduate general hospital experience
- Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Inpatients
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.