Staff Nurse - RMN
Registered Mental Health Nurse Job Description
Thorpe House is looking for a motivated RMN who has good communication and time management skills to join our team. We are a multi-disciplinary team, taking a holistic approach to person-centred recovery from severe and enduring mental health illness.
Thorpe House welcomes applicants looking for full time or part time work, offering between 11 and 44 hours of work per week. RMNs may request to work rotational day and night shifts or permanent night shifts with competitive hourly rates on offer.
The Registered Mental Health Nurse will be responsible for:
Necessary Qualifications & Requirements
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of clinical practice and holistic care.
- Communicating with other professionals and services in order to provide the best care possible.
- The RMN will be responsible for medication management including ordering, storing and dispensing of medication.
- Being a keyworker for a group of service users and expected to jointly implement care plans for your group of service users with individual service user's participation in their plan of care along with the occupational therapy team.
- Facilitating the care pathway from admission to discharge with service users.
- Registered Mental Health Nurses should be conversant with NMC, NICE practice guidelines.
- Carrying out supervision for a small group of staff to help support and improve their practice and knowledge.
- Applicants must have a Registered Nurse RMN qualification.
- Current registration with the NMC.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
- Competent decision maker with knowledge of the Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty and Safeguarding.
- Good risk management skills.
- Newly qualified RMNs requiring preceptorship are welcome to apply.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Professional development possibilities.
- Opportunities for accruing additional annual leave through job progression and longevity of service.
- The ongoing training at Thorpe House will be invaluable for individual's revalidation.
Thorpe House is a family run business; 21 bed specialist adult mental health unit that aims to provide a high quality standard of care with a strong focus on reablement and improved quality of life.