About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit (PDoC), based on the fifth floor of the South Building at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The PDoC unit provides a specialist service, providing the next natural step on a patient's journey to consciousness.
As a Staff Nurse you will work on a 10 bed unit and join a team of specialists working across intensive care and other acute departments, focusing on the issues facing patients emerging from disorders of consciousness and ensuring continuity of care.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Use unit specific, interdisciplinary, integrated PDoC pathways, based on recently published National Guidelines (Royal College of Physicians, 2013), ensuring a structured approach to delivery of care.
* Assessment, diagnosis and monitoring
* Management of ethical and medico-legal issues
* Family support and education, ensuring that the family is involved in all aspects of care and treatment.
* Evidence based intervention programmes and Inter-disciplinary planning and goal setting
* To work within a team and deputising for Senior Staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership skills.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
* Experience within Acute Medical Care or HDU environment.
* Neurological and neuro rehabilitation experience is advantageous but not essential.
* Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
* You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.