Zentar UK is looking to recruit a Band 5 Staff Nurse to work in the Endocrinology Department for our client based in the heart of London.
Our client is the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospital, consisting of over 250 patients beds and 12 operating theatres including dedicated endoscopy suites, a day surgery unit and a 24 hour consultant-led Intensive Care Unit. We combine the warmth of traditional patient care with unrivalled expertise.
This post will involve working with endocrinology & diabetes consultants as well as working as a team with a group of senior endocrine and diabetes nurses. Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years' experience post qualification .
Main Responsibilities of the role:
* To carry out general assessment on patients who attend regular check up or blood tests and report to senior staff and consultants.
* Ensure patients attend all investigative procedures and follow up as needed.
● Act as effective resource for patients, their families and colleagues
* Become competent in phlebotomy, cannulation and to achieve clinical excellent in this area.
* Complete IV drug administration training and aware of its boundaries within endocrinology settings.
* Familiar with pathology protocols, samples handling and especially with Bart's Endocrine Procedures.
* Able to carry out non stressed endocrine procedures without supervision.
* Aware of the limits and constraints in the department especially in relations to stress test procedures.
* Working as a team within the department and be flexible in staffing level.
* Provide assistance and support to the endocrine & diabetes specialist nurses and the manager in the day to day running of the unit and matters related to clinical issues
* To act up in the absence of senior staff in the department.
● Act to rectify unsafe practice or unprofessional conduct.