Staff Nurse- Nursing Home - Stoke On Trent
RGN - Elderly Care/ Old Age/ Dementia - £15.00ph
A nursing home, located in the heart of Stoke On Trent, is looking for a Staff Nurse to work full time or part time nights. They are offering a competitive hourly rate of £15.00 per hour.
This is an excellent, medium-sized home, with updated facilities and experienced and supportive Carers, Nurses and Managers. The home is modern and purpose built and is also close to local shops and is easy to get to via public transport.
The nursing home requires you as a Staff Nurse to be able to provide a high standard of nursing care to their elderly residents during your time on duty, some of whom are suffering from Old age and Dementia. As a Staff Nurse you have responsibility for working together with a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
'We seek to provide service to the residents which is Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-Led and we will achieve this through our trained, caring and dedicated staff..' - Home Manager
- To contribute to the delivery of high quality nursing care to patients and carers.
- To be an active member of the multidisciplinary care team.
- Assessment of nursing needs, develop, implement and evaluate nursing care to meet those needs.
- Carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision.
- Advise on the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
- Adhere at all times to Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct.
- Maintain accurate records as per NMC Guidelines for records and record keeping.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in respect of patient records, medical nursing and allied health professionals.
- Store, administer and order drugs according to NMC Guidelines.
- Help enhance junior staff/ students with clinical and managerial skills by teaching, assessing and supervision.
- Provide relief nursing cover, in Treatment Room, Minor Injuries Unit and Day Hospital.
- Excellent clinical skills
- Nursing qualification and current NMC registration
- You must be an RGN qualified with previous experience working in elderly care.
- You must have outstanding communication skills, excellent clinical skills and be motivated to offer the highest standards of care.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
As a Staff Nurse you are offered -
- £15 per hour
- 36 hours per week
- Holiday entitlement
- Friendly, supportive environment
- Walking distance from public transport facilities and free parking
What the Staff Nurse role requires of you -
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Observational skills
- Ability to lead
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
Apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to join a nursing home recognised for its quality of care and a team committed to the comfort of its residents.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy