Staff Nurse (RGN/RMN) - Nursing Home - North Shields
Full and part-time hours - up to £15 p/h!
My client is a large-sized, 73-bedded nursing home providing care to service users aged 60 and above. The home provides a wide range of types of care, namely dementia and old age amongst other specialisms such as MS, Parkinson's and sensory impairment.
The home is part of a large and nationally-renowned management group who place dignity and respect for its residents and users at the forefront of practice. The home is situated extremely close to public transport links, and ongoing training and development of staff is of utmost importance.
My client now requires a Staff Nurse, with a mixture of full and part-time hours available. The successful candidate must have a caring nature, be passionate about providing only the best care to elderly residents and be enthusiastic about their career and development opportunities
- Report any ill health amongst residents and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary
- Ensure that residents Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Assess all aspects of residents' care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing are when required
- Assess social and health care needs of new residents, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other residents
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each resident within the Care Home has an individualised Care Plan
- Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by the Home Manager.
- Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant staff members at the end of each shift
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company's procedure and NMC guidelines
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with resident's personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with residents.
- You must be a qualified RGN/RMN and have a valid NMC pin number
- You must be able to offer satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references upon successful application
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of people from different backgrounds
- You must have some previous experience providing nursing care in an elderly or dementia setting
- You must be fully committed and dedicated to the role
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this excellent role, please click apply now…!
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy