Partnerships in Care is one of the UK's leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
We have an exciting opportunity for dynamic and innovative individuals who are keen to make a difference to people’s lives to join Lakeside View – our brand new service in Willenhall for women with mental health needs.
Our Staff Nurse role involves:
- Providing leadership and support for support staff and act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity
- Maintaining skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available
- Ensuring the ongoing safety of service users, residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes
- Ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Acting as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Taking charge of the unit regularly and, in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit
- Helping to maintain the security of the building and its environment
To be successful as a Staff Nurse, you’ll need:
- Good organisational skills
- Good supervisory skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents
- The ability to plan, allocate and delegate work appropriately
- To be able to understand Recovery Action Plans
- Experience of working with service users with various mental health needs
- A working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- A working knowledge of Recovery and Recovery Star
- NMC Registered Nurse (RMN)
- Evidence of personal and professional development
- The ability to be flexible with regard to working hours
- To be able to build effective and credible relationships both internally and externally
- Work collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times
- Effectively build trust with a consistent approach between actions and words
- Have the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas
- Take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
- To be able to cope in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- To be able to build rapport and positively influence others
- To be able to inspire professionalism
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
Golden Hello: All new nurses starting with PiC at Lakeside View will recieve a £2100 bonus, paid in 3 installments within 18 months.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
All positions within Partnerships in Care (PiC) are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance PiC will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies.
PiC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully and ensure that you demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience required to carry out the role.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We aim to write to all applicants informing them of the outcome of their application, but if we have not contacted you after four weeks from the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.