Hourly Rates of £7.58 and Company Benefits
We currently have a number of opportunities for Support Workers to join our team at Park Lodge based in Westhill, Aberdeen . You will have a rewarding and stimulating vocation providing personalised care to people with learning and physical disabilities and thereby helping them to lead more independent lives.
We have various Full and Part Time positions available.
Park Lodge provides specialist support for up to seven adults who have learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour. Our person-centred approach ensures that people are supported to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible.
- Your role will be to support people in their daily lives and this can include personal care of either sex subject to their wishes. Personal care may involve assisting people to take a bath or shower, going to the toilet and take or manage their own medication
- In the home you will support service users with household duties such from cooking, tidying, washing to gardening or decorating their bedroom
- You will also support the service user in other activities such as shopping, visiting the doctor or dentist and social activities such as going to football matches, or swimming
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of statutory bank holidays*
- Eye Care & Child Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of PVG Check
- Comprehensive induction
- On-going training and development
- Commitment to supporting people who have learning disabilities to live lifestyles of their choosing
- Able to work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Able to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- QCF or NVQ in Care, or equivalent - desirable
- Ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
Our positions are subject to PVG Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.