This advertisement has been placed by the organisation named in the 'Department' section above.
Should you require further information regarding this vacancy please contact the organisation direct.
SH:24 is a new online sexual health service, delivered in partnership with the NHS. The service provides people with free STI test kits, information and advice – 24 hours a day.
Working in close partnership with existing NHS sexual health clinics in the community, SH:24 is fully integrated with local NHS services across the UK.
Service users move seamlessly between the website and clinic, with clinical excellence ensured through partnership with NHS specialist sexual health services.
The objective of SH:24 is to improve the sexual health of the population while also realising efficiency savings through a more holistic, user centred service. The service is designed to be flexible around the needs of users, encouraging greater autonomy, both in making decisions about their care and in navigating their preferred route through services.
This is a new and unique role. SH:24 are seeking an experienced sexual health support worker with a minimum of 2 years’ experience to deliver remote support to service users and play an important part in the mobilisation of the service.
Remote communications such as the telephone, text messaging, webchat and other online digital applications are used by SH:24 to engage and consult service users. Whilst close links with traditional NHS clinical settings will be maintained (fostered through strategic partnerships) this role represents a progressive shift in service provision to benefit both service users and the NHS alike.
The role will encompass communications with SH:24’s service users – managing their service experience remotely and offering appropriate support and signposting.
Flexible shift patterns will be considered as part of this role.
Clinical support responsibilities
- Act as the service user’s advocate
- Offer remote support and encouragement to facilitate the highest quality user experience
- Offer service users remote support (text messaging, webchat and telephone) in receiving, completing and returning postal test kits, treatment and contraception. Refer service users to other members of the wider SH:24 and/or NHS partner team/s as appropriate for clinical support
- Signpost service users to external clinical and specialist services as appropriate
- Adhere to policies on such areas as, ‘at risk groups’, vulnerable users, Child Protection and Fraser competencies in relation to sexual health and the under 16s and manage/signpost online
- Assess all flagged users; those at risk, those who have yet to respond and those who did not attend
- Log reactive results according to SH:24 procedures
- Liaise directly with the laboratory to track orders and confirm results
- Liaise directly with the Royal Mail, test kit consumable suppliers and pharmacies
Quality, innovation and improvement
- Ensure that user experience is paramount by obtaining and managing user feedback to improve their experience of the service
- Work closely with the SH:24 service development team to continuously improve the service; enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the service for the benefit of service users and partner NHS clinics alike.
- Support the mobilisation of the service in new areas, helping to on-board clinic staff to the service
Skills and competencies
- In depth knowledge of sexual and reproductive health
- Skilled in working with service users who present with complex needs
- An awareness of issues affecting young and vulnerable people and the ability to communicate comfortably and coherently with service users (particularly in matters relating to treatment, prevention, sexuality and personal relationships)
- Willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of a new and evolving service
- Excellent listening skills
- Experience of successfully working in fast paced environments
- IT literate/competent and willing to learn how to use new systems
- Trustworthy, discreet and highly conscious of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of personal information
- Acute awareness of information security issues and willing to comply with security requirements
- Intelligent and willing to share ideas on how practice and processes could be improved
We are absolutely committed to ensuring that SH:24 users have the best possible experience . We are looking for people who are committed to delivering excellent care and who take pride in what they do.
The successful candidate will be part of a progressive, highly innovative team, benefiting from mentoring from senior clinical NHS consultants and specialist consultants in Public Health.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.