Support Worker / Healthcare Assistant ( HCA )
Location: Deal, Kent
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours available
Salary: £7.43 - £10.25 per hour (£14,500 - £20,000 per annum) - dependent on shifts (different rates for days, nights, weekends)
We are currently recruiting for experienced support workers within a specialist care home in Hastings. We are looking to recruit experienced professionals who work well as part of a team and have good communication skills. This is a beautiful, spacious home that offers a high standard of support to people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and complex needs. Each resident is given person-centred, tailored care programmes to suit their individual needs.
Your role as a Support Worker will consist of supporting residents with their physical care and personal hygiene, effectively communicating with them as well as their families and other members of staff. You will encourage service users to maintain maximum independence whilst taking into account their physical and emotional condition. You will also need to check and accurately maintain individual records, accurately relaying any changes in individuals requirements and familiarising yourself with any updates to users conditions at the beginning of each shift. You will need to help service users both inside and outside the service going to a variety of recreational and leisure activities within the local community.
• An NVQ2 in care or equivalent
• The ability to review and maintain accurate records
• Experienced working within Care
• A dedicated and committed approach to work
• Willing to undertake training
Benefits & Incentives:
• A comprehensive and specialised training programme
• Professional development – many of the company’s managers and nurses began their careers as Support Workers
• Excellent levels of support and training
• 22 days’ Holiday entitlement
• Weekend & Night pay enhancements
• Flexible work patterns
• Contributory pension scheme
• Fantastic working environment
• Other Benefits Available
For more information or to apply please contact Tobias Marchant on 01489 774 214; alternatively you can send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.