From £7.74 per hour + Company Benefits
We are looking for a Support Worker (Teaching & Learning Assistant) to join the team at within our Futures: 19 - 25 division of Liverpool Progressive School. This is a Full Time position working 40 hours per week during Term- Time.
'Futures' offer extended educational and skills input for young learning disabled adults aged 19-25. Reflecting the four key outcomes of the Government's 'Preparing for Adulthood' programme, the curriculum model at 'Futures' focuses on independent living, community inclusion, employment and health.
- Provide effective and consistent support to members of a complex student group with autistic spectrum disorder, other medium-severe learning disabilities and associated risk behaviours
- Cope effectively, as part of a strong and supportive team, with risk behaviour among student group
- Aid in the implementation and delivery of a balanced, relevant and differentiated skills and education-based curriculum for students, with support from teaching staff, training team and Head of Service
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment and behaviour
- Share and support the FUTURES responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and skill growth
- Undertake driving duties which support the transfer to and from home to service as well as access to community facilities
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Full and clean driving Licence (Essential)
- Experience in dealing (as part of a team) with physical, risk behaviour
- Experience of working with autistic individuals
- Experience of working within a learning environment
- Level 3 Award in supporting teaching and learning in schools
- Level 3 Certificate in supporting teaching and learning in schools
- Level 3 Certificate in cover supervision of students in schools
- Level 3 Diploma in specialist support for teaching and learning in schools
CLOSING DATE - 21st OCTOBER
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.