Support Worker ACE
£15,724 - £16,052
Cambian Acer Clinic, Worksop Road , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3DN
Cambian Acer Clinic is a locked rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for men and women with complex mental health
needs, challenging behaviour, and personality disorder.
-All meals when on duty
-Company Pension scheme
-Cycle to work scheme
-Free on site parking
-56 weeks annual leave
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF JOB:
To support other members of staff in the provision of care; ensuring patients retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the Hospital / Unit.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Hospital. To maintain and demonstrate positive attitudes towards patients, their families, staff, visitors and others.
- Support Patients who need assistance with independent living skills/ personal hygiene encouraging independence.
- To demonstrate non-discriminatory practice in all aspects of work.
- Assist Patients who have limited mobility or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Carry out any levels of observation as directed by Nurse-in-charge.
- Under the supervision and guidance of trained Staff, care and report on the well being of Patients.
- Read care planning needs for Patients and complete written daily records as instructed by trained Staff.
- To support the development of the process, practices and delivery of Active Care and Recovery.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Patients and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Hospital and the community
- Carry out regular checks on Patients at intervals determined by trained Staff.
- Closely monitor Patients who may be confused and / or have behavioural problems due to learning difficulties/ mental health needs. To assist in de-escalation or Management of Violence and Aggression as required.
- Support/encourage patients to change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean, tidy – Activities of Daily Living.
- Where relevant, you may be required to escort Patients during transport to and from their Hospitals as well as on social outings.
- Serve meals, drinks and wash up as requested / required. To assist patients in the preparation of meals.
- Report immediately to the Head of Care or the Hospital Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague,
- Notify the Head of Care or the Hospital Manager as soon as possible of the inability to work, and also on return to work, from all periods of absence.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the Hospital, Patients, Staff and related work. Have the ability to work within therapy boundaries.
- To assist in ensuring quality targets are met in accordance with agreed standards.
- Participate in Staff and Client meetings and attend training all mandatory and necessary sessions, it is a requirement of employment to ensure annual updates are maintained.
- Ensure the security of the Hospital is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Group policies and procedures within the defined time scales, NCSC standards and guidelines, Department of Health guidelines and legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice.
- Undertake other duties, as required, by a team leader, Head of Care or Hospital Manager.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Issues
- Understanding of Mental Health diagnosis
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in a Team.
- Able to contribute to the planning of care.
- Able to use and work on own initiative
- Ability to undertake the shift patterns
- Ability to negotiate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to assist patients with daily living skills
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent training or qualification, or able to demonstrate the same.
- Experience within a rehabilitation setting
- Evidence of working within a team
- Evidence of post school training and qualifications.
- Previous experience in the care of Mental Health patients/clients.
- Previous experience in care environment.
Please click Apply to proceed
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.