Hourly rates from £7.80 + Company Benefits
We currently have opportunities for Support Workers to join our Residential Young Peoples Service based in Greasby, Wirral. We offer flexible working arrangements and have various Full Time & Part Time shifts available across both Day & Night shifts.
Our young people's services provide high quality residential services for young people aged up to 19. We offer tailored care and support for young people with conditions such as autism, mental health problems, challenging behaviour and learning disabilities. We have a range of residential services that offer a stable and supportive environment in which young people can develop their skills, independence and confidence.
- Being a member of a team who give high quality care, support and nurture appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional and physical well-being of our Children and Young People
- Promote and maintain independence, choice and respect supporting the health and safety of our Children and Young People at all times
- Help make the Children and Young People's home a real home for them including working with them to develop the home, their rooms, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.
- Work with partners including parents/carers, professionals involved in the care of the Child or Young Person
- Shift lead and complete medication duties and complete required paperwork
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction
- On-going training and development
- Aged 25 or over - due to the age of the Young People requiring care
- Experience working with children in a residential setting
- Must be able to work evening and weekends
- Good written skills
- Good communicator
- Mappa trained
- QCF / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Full clean UK driving license
- Self Harm, LD and/or EBD knowledge or experience
- Career pathway linked to role
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.