Site or Unit :
Huntercombe House PeterleeAddress :
Westcott Road Peterlee County Durham SR8 5JEContracted Weekly Hours : 37.5
Huntercombe House Peterlee is a 21 bed specialist care home for adults aged 18 years and above with very complex needs, including behavioural issues, Autistic Spectrum Disorders or diagnosed mental illness. We work collaboratively with our clients and their families or carers and provide person-centred rehabilitation, care and support. The centre is located centrally in the town of Peterlee, approximately 12 miles from the A1(M). We employ staff in a variety of different roles and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
As a Support Worker you will support the senior team in the running of the shift, whilst showing warmth and support to our patients/residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of the team, working closely with residents/patients and other external professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation.
So as a Support Worker what do you need to do to make this happen?
- To assist the trained staff in their duties
- Be involved in maintaining and developing a high standard of the care for the person by being aware of their individual needs and care programmes
- Report to the senior in charge any information given by the resident/patient or relative, and any incident or observation which may affect their physical or mental well-being
- Provide practical assistance to the resident/patient, where needed, in carrying out everyday living tasks whilst encouraging them to develop their daily living skills
- To help to provide an environment which is helpful to people with varied and complex needs realising their potential to live as independently as they can find possible
- Be actively involved with the day to day routine in individual and group activities
- Practice within a legal framework encompassing statutory, organisational policy and guidelines.