Support Worker (Adult Services, Liverpool)
Ref no: 3316/CEN
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference?
If you want a career with an organisation who will value and invest in you then come and join Nugent!
We are looking for Support Workers to work across 3 of our adult services within the South Liverpool area. The successful candidates will be an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents. The people we support are at the centre of everything we do and were looking for kind, dedicated Support Workers who are responsive to individual needs and promote dignity and respect.
We have a variety of hours available to suit including full time, part time and relief to work flexibly across our residential services, Geel & Hitchen, St Joseph's and James Nugent Court.
What we offer you in return:
- Salary of £7.22 per hour
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- A comprehensive induction programme with ongoing training and development
- Regular supervisions and annual appraisal scheme
- Career Progression opportunities
- Access to 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Fully Paid DBS and Update Service
For further information on our services and an application pack please telephone our 24 hour recruitment line on 0151 261 2040, email or visit our website www.wearenugent.org to download an application pack.
Please Note - This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check. Applicants will be required to join the DBS Update Service upon notification of a successful interview. The cost of this will be reimbursed upon commencement of employment.
● Must be willing to undertake and complete Level 2/3 Diploma Adults Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification.
● Must be committed to completing the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of commencement
To have worked in a paid or voluntary capacity with vulnerable adults.
Good oral, written, liaison and communication skills. Basic IT skills (use of Microsoft Office applications)
● Issues surrounding Equal Opportunities
● Issues relating to Anti-Discriminatory Practice
● Some understanding of client group.
● Health & Safety Procedures.
● Ability to maintain caring environment.
● Ability to communicate with residents effectively.
● Ability to carry out instructions from senior staff.
● Be willing to commit to training and development.
● Respect client confidentiality.
● Advocacy skills.