- Company: Ludlow Street Healthcare
- Base Pay: £14,040 - £15,375 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: Not Available
- Contact: Ceri Ashdown
- Phone: 02920 394 410
Ludlow Street Healthcare is an innovative, rapidly-expanding organisation that provides specialist care, education and treatment services for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs and other specialist care needs.
We have recently undergone a new development on one of our current Ocean Community Service units ‘Wentwood court’.
Wentwood Court offers 24/7 care and support to service users with neurological conditions, Mental Health, learning disability and Challenging behaviour.
Each client is fully assessed by a multi-disciplinary team.
The units benefit from an in house team of
Speech and Language Therapists
Drug and Alcohol counsellors
We are looking for dedicated, reliable and hardworking individuals with a passion for care and supporting others. Applicants will need to have the desire to develop and undertake all relevant training.
All applications and offers of employment are subject to pre-employment checks.
Hours: 37.5 per week based over a shift pattern including days and nights - must be flexible to meet the needs of the service, including weekends and bank holidays.
Ludlow Street Healthcare offer a comprehensive 2 week induction programme in our head office before commencing on the unit.
● To support the needs of the service users at Wentwood court
● Follow implemented behavioral support plans correctly.
● Safeguard service users from abuse.
● Support clients in making their own choices and decisions to the maximum of their capability, and ensure that the needs and wishes of clients are fully considered in any decision relating to them.
● To provide therapeutic and personal care to our service user group.
● To attend any scheduled training, team meetings or supervisions.
● To comply with the general cleanliness requirements of the unit.
● To complete any designated tasks effectively.
● To fulfil the requirements of the organisation in relation to being present for all shifts allocated and following time keeping expectations.
● Follow and understand all company policies and procedures.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be modified from time to time in accordance with the development of the service and the employee.
● Regular supervisions will take place between support worker and line manager.
● During supervisions, objectives will be set and monitored accordingly with line manager.
● Task books will be allocated; the support worker will be expected to work through the task book during probation period.