Hourly Rates from £8.00 + Company Benefits
We currently have opportunities for Support Workers at our residential children's service based in Southampton. Due to a recent expansion, we are looking to recruit for full and part time support workers who are able to work flexibly to a rolling rota.
Our Residential Childrens Services provide long-term 24 hour care for children and young people of all ages with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours.
- Being a member of a team who give high quality care, support and nurture appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional and physical well-being of our Children and Young People
- Promote and maintain independence, choice and respect supporting the health and safety of our Children and Young People at all times
- Help make the Children and Young People's home a real home for them including working with them to develop the home, their rooms, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.
- Work with partners including parents/carers, professionals involved in the care of the Child or Young Person
- Shift lead and complete medication duties and complete required paperwork
- Recently graded 'Outstanding' by Oftsed
- Our Children and Young People are wonderful
- We are a great company and a great team who are truly committed to achieving the best for our Children and Young People and our staff
- We provide full training in essential skills such as First Aid, Safe Guarding, Behaviour Management etc….
- We also offer training opportunities for you to become qualified in a range of transferrable national qualifications including QCF / NVQ level 3 and level 5, Team Teach trainer, University level Autism course, plus others
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Child Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction
- On-going training and development
- Previous experience of working with young people but this is not essential
- QCF / NVQ Level 2/3 in Care or equivalent is desirable
- A commitment to supporting young people to be the best they can be
- Ability to work to a shift pattern. Shifts are varied and based on the needs of the individual child/young person and the specific home
- A full clean UK driving licence would be good but is not essential
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.