£9.30 per hour + Company Benefits
We currently have an opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Younger People's Residential Service based in Manchester. This is a Full Time position working 35 hours per week including taking part in the on call rota.
Our young people's services provide high quality residential services for young people aged up to 19. We offer tailored care and support for young people with conditions such as autism, mental health problems, challenging behaviour and learning disabilities. We have a range of residential services that offer a stable and supportive environment in which young people can develop their skills, independence and confidence.
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- Deliver support in accordance with the relevant Childrens Regulations including quality standards
- Adhere to the company's policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
- Supervising, monitoring, role modelling, supporting staff
- Promote and support the health and safety of the people we support at all times
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment
- Communicate effectively with service users, families, colleagues, managers and other professionals, both in writing and verbally
- Undertake any other duties as required by the business
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of statutory bank holidays
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Eye Care & Child Care Vouchers
- Cost of DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction
- On-going training and development
- Experience in a residential care setting for young people with complex needs at a senior level
- Leadership and Management Level 5 (Unqualified applicants will be enrolled for their level 5 award following completion of a 6 month probationary period)
- Resilience and patience
- Able to work on your own initiative but also able to act upon and follow instruction
- Experience or capacity to develop individual staff members and a team
- Able to problem solve and be proactive in the development of the service
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.