- Company: Barker Ross Health and Social Care
- Base Pay: £23.00 - £26.00 /Hour
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: Adam Nurses Jobs
Overview of Role
To take the lead in caring for nursing residents and to have overall responsibility for the home at night.
To promote and restore resident's health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to residents, families and friends as well as supervising the assigned team members.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the night care team in caring for residents
- Taking charge of the home and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the Home Manager
- Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Maintaining care records
- Supervise and teach care staff
- Provide information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting health care professionals when required
- Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and internal procedures
- Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home
- Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs
- Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs
- Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required
Work Experience Requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of relevant physical conditions which residents may present with.
- Must be able to demonstrate an awareness of psychological conditions residents may present with as a part of their pathology.
- Must have maintained professional and technological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and maintaining PREP requirements.
- Must be able to evidence validation of continuing professional development.
- Must have undertaken an approved Nursing qualification which is currently registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) and doesn't have any restrictions
- Evidence of undertaking courses in Medication management including storage and administration.
- Evidence of undertaking courses or awareness sessions for general care duties including Pressure Ulcers, Weight loss, Accident and Incidents and Falls management.
- Awareness of supervising staff in the workplace as well as knowledge on how to undertake regular supervision for others.
- Awareness of health and safety regulations including Fire, Equipment, Infectious diseases and reporting systems
- Willingness to undertake mandatory training days as well as professional courses designed to enhance practice in the workplace.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.