BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Educator and Skills Trainer to join their team of staff in the Theatre Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner Level 1 with NMC or Registered ODP ( NVQ III/Dip.HE) with HPC registration.
- Qualification in mentorship and/or education
- Experience at senior level.
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety
- Moving and handling
- Risk assessment training
- Management of resources
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in research and audit
- Experience in orthopaedics an advantage
- Previous experience of budget management (desirable).
- Previous quality management experience (desirable)
- First line management course (desirable).
Duties of this role include:
- To assist the Theatre Manager with the effective management of all human, financial and technical resources.
- To provide a professional service and positive team leadership, promoting and safeguarding the well-being and interests of all patients and operating theatre personnel.
- To develop and deliver a local clinical education and development strategy that meets the needs of the Theatre Department and BMI corporate strategy.
- To support and develop staff within their roles and in the delivery of care.
- To ensure time is spent in Practice Development is balanced with hands on care delivery depending on the needs of the unit
- Liaise with the Theatre Manager, Assistant Theatre Manager and Lead Practitioners to identify areas of practice requiring development.
- Coordinate and organise professional development training days / programmes for clinical staff as highlighted through staff appraisals.
- Ensure that all training and mandatory training is logged through BMI learn. Maintain all training records for the Theatre Department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.