Endoscopy/Theatre Lead Nurse
Are you a Senior Theatre Practitioner with a passion for Endoscopy, a desire for leadership and a drive to develop a growing service? If so we have an exciting opportunity for an Endoscopy Lead Practitioner, to join our state of the art, dynamic team.
Being responsible for the day to day running of a surgical area, ensuring staff are where they need to be and lists operate smoothly and efficiently. If you think you have the skills and personality to fit our energetic and enthusiastic team then read on…
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
* To provide a high quality, cost effective service within the Endoscopy department whilst maintaining the highest standard of care
* Operationally lead the endoscopy services at the hospital, providing both clinical and managerial support to the team
* Assist the Theatre Manager in the allocation of staff and effectively run endoscopy lists
* Provide reporting and data to monitor results, achieve appointments and productivity targets and focus on areas for business development and service improvement
* Attend business cell meetings with other departments and senior management team to drive business development and increase services available within the Endoscopy department
* Assist the Theatre Manager in ensuring that policies and procedures are implemented and reviewed in line with changes in practice and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory standards.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be a registered practitioner (RN or ODP)
* Have a minimum of 5 years in a senior role within endoscopy, either in an NHS service or private hospital
* Experience in the management of staff, scheduling operating lists and business development
* Possess excellent leadership and communication skills with an enthusiasm and passion for providing excellent patient care
* Be able to provide evidence of continued professional development.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, then go ahead and apply.