BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week; Early, Late, Long day and Weekends.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment
Duties of this role include:
- Assist the Registered Practitioner to assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- Assist the Registered Practitioner in the monitoring of the patient.
- Prepare the appropriate area prior to the start of a list; undertaking the appropriate checks to ensure the equipment is used safely.
- Assist the anaesthetic practitioner to maintain patient safety in the anaesthetic room, ensuring that all mandatory patient checks are completed and have knowledge of the monitoring of patients and what is within the normal limits, including how to respond to changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collect the patients from the ward area, conducting mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, handing over the care of the patient to the Theatre Registered Practitioner.
- Accompany the patient back to the ward area, depending upon the assessment undertaken by the Registered Practitioner with regards to the patient’s postoperative condition.
- Assist in the safe transfer and positioning of the patient.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.