Theatre Lead Nurse - Portsmouth/Southampton - £30-£35K
My award winning client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scrub Nurse to join their Theatre team in Hampshire as a Theatre Lead Nurse. This Hospital is in commuting distance from Portsmouth and Southampton and houses some of the best specialist surgeons in the country and is sure to offer the successful Theatre Lead Nurse and excellent working environment in which to progress your career.
The Theatre Lead Nurse will be responsible for providing leadership and day to day management of the theatre area. Depending on the qualifications of the Theatre Lead Nurse there may also be some line manager responsibilities. The Theatre Lead Nurse will be responsible for ensuring the safe, effective and efficient running of the theatres and will provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for the patient flow through the department.
They Theatre Lead Nurse will adhere to the principles of clinical governance and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards to assist in providing the most efficient and effective level of service.
As Theatre Lead Nurse you will have the following responsibilities:
- To oversee the theatre environment and co-ordinate safe delivery of care, spending the majority of time providing direct patient care.
- To provide guidance and support to clinical staff at all times.
- To ensure maximum efficiency and utilisation of resources in theatres to enable seamless delivery of support to Consultants, CSM and Hospital Director
- To oversee the organisation of theatre lists to ensure safe and smooth running of hospital schedules and patient flow.
- To highlight to CSM and or Hospital Director any potential problem areas and suggest possible solutions
- To undertake staff rostering for theatres, ensuring all surgical lists are supported by suitably skilled staff to safely support clinical requirements, flagging up any potential deficits in a timely manner.
- To lead, develop and mentor the theatres team (as appropriate) which may include undertaking regular appraisals or providing feedback to the CSM or Hospital Director to enable the team to reach their full potential.
- To ensure all theatre staff work within policy and guidelines.
- Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems during the patients’ clinical pathway that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Work with Consultant / Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients during their clinical pathway.
- Provide effective communication to patients/carers and as part of the clinical competency framework provide holistic care of patients.
- Provide advice for staff, patients and their carers, within level of competency.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed according to either the NMC guidelines for the Standards for Medicines Management 2008 or local organisational policy.
As Theatre Lead Nurse you will have the following qualifications & skills:
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC registration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- General Ophthalmology experience is highly desirable
If you are interested in being considered for this role please do not hesitate and contact Lois on 0121 667 1273 for immediate consideration.