BMI Chaucer Hospital is situated in the heart Canterbury and has been serving the population of East Kent for over 30 years and is now looking for new theatre staff to join our thriving and busy department. Our range of specialties is diverse and staff love the challenge of every day being different. Our team in the hospital is very supportive and we try to nurture a very welcome and inclusive culture, and above all everyone plays a part to ensure our patients are given the very best of care and attention whilst in our hospital.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics / Recovery or any combination of the three, to join our team of staff in the Theatre department. Whether you are experienced or a newly qualified ODP, we welcome all applications and full training and development as well as preceptorship packages can be provided. If you are a nurse looking for a change of direction and a new challenge in operating theatre practice, this too could be the opportunity for you.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner -Anaesthetics / Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills. (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (Desirable)
- ILS/ALS (Desirable)
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.