We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre.
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Outpatient, Endoscopy and PEC Manager
Working as a Triage Nurse within the outpatient team you will effectively manage the triaging of all referrals to the Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres as per the OPCS codes and agreed criteria and guidelines.
This will include:
• Providing effective referral triage
• Checking all referral data to ensure that both the procedure and medical condition meet the Care UK referral and/or exclusion criteria
• Ensuring that results of diagnostic investigations previously performed are requested and available for outpatient appointments
• Liaising with the relevant members of the multi-disciplinary team internally and externally e.g. Booking Coordinators, Surgeons, Anaesthetists, GP's, Dentists
• Maintaining accurate patient records
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive surgical or medical care experience within an acute environment
• Previous experience in assessment or triage of patients (either face to face or telephonic)
• Knowledge of when need to refer to an Anaesthetist
• The ability to perform ECG's and Venepuncture
• NMC Level 1 Registered Nurse
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.