Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:
- care about what they do;
- respect and value others;
- listen in order to improve; and
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has an ambitious programme of service modernisation and a reputation for providing high quality services. In line with our outlook, we are now inviting applications for this post, at York Teaching Hospital, based at York Hospital.
Duties will include:-
* Sharing responsibility for patients under the care of his/her supervisory consultant.
* Accompanying Consultants on ward rounds and will be expected to take part in post take ward rounds with the on call Consultant and communicate effectively in handover to other staff.
* Responsible for discharge summaries to the GP and liaise appropriately with other professionals
* Participating in a Full Shift rota.
* There may be a requirement to attend operating theatre sessions, outpatient clinics or other clinical areas as appropriate, with support from the Consultant.
* To provide immediate supervision and support to doctors at lower levels.
* Actively participating in Clinical Governance, Clinical Audit and Medical Education including teaching and case presentation at departmental meetings.
Candidates must have MBBS or equivalent medical qualification and be eligible for full registration with the GMC at the time of appointment and hold a current licence to practice.
Applicants must be able to provide evidence of current employment in a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme.
* 12 months experience after full GMC registration or equivalent and evidence of achievement of Foundation competences from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme or equivalent in line with GMC standards/Good Medical
This is a service post, however, good training and teaching facilities are available within the departments and in the Postgraduate Medical Centre based at the Hospital’s. The need for the successful candidate to attend clinical and generic skills training will be dependent on the individuals’ needs.
This post would be ideal for those wishing to gain further experience in this specialty, as the training, supervision and clinical experience will be identical to that of other Core Trainees and tailored to the individual post holder’s previous level of experience. There will be opportunity to participate in departmental audit and teaching sessions, and the post holders will be supported in all aspects of career development.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Stephen Lord
( Phone number removed )
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.