Unit Manager - Registered Nurse (RN)
Base Pay : £14.65 /Hour
Other Pay : Competitive
Location : UK-Halifax
Site or Unit :
Pellon Manor Care Home
200 Pellon Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 5RD
Contracted Weekly Hours : 44 Hours
Pellon Lane Care Home is a purpose built 100 bed care home consisting of 3 units: Pellon Manor, a 35 bedded EMI unit, Birkshall Mews, a 30 bedded EMI nursing unit and Brackenbed View, a 35 bedded intermediate care unit. Pellon Lane Care Home is situated close to the centre of Halifax and is well connected to different motorway links. We are also within easy walking distance of Halifax railway station, with a bus stop directly outside the home. Our dedicated team provides quality care for our residents and we work hard to maintain our excellent relationships with local commissioners. At Pellon Lane Care Home we are committed to developing our team through training and supervision to improve the quality of care delivered to our residents, and maintain a healthy working atmosphere amongst the team. Our spacious and refurbished home is close to retail parks and other shops and within easy reach of Halifax town centre. Each unit at Pellon Lane Care Home has two large, attractive lounges with pleasant views over Shroggs Park and countryside beyond.
To manage the Unit and lead a team to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of care, in accordance with Four Seasons Health Care policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence and dignity, positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
1. Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
3.Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure team communication is professional and considered.
4. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
5. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
6. Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
7. Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
8. Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
9. Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
10. To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours (Essential)
1. People management experience; the ability to lead and manage a team
2. Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
3. Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
4. Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
5. Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
6. Able to effectively prioritise workload
7. develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
8. Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
9. Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice
Key Experience and Knowledge (Desirable)
1. Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
2. Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
3. Leadership Management qualifications
Our nurses are critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives great opportunities to broaden your skill and knowledge base with exciting opportunities to progress into management.
Come and join our team and help deliver special resident experiences everywhere.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
As a qualified nurse you can enjoy up to £1,250 in your first year as a welcome bonus.
- subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please apply now.