A large care home in Basingstoke currently has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to work as Unit Manager, providing effective leadership to the General Nursing Unit.
This service offers a mix of elderly, dementia and disability nursing care to adults of all ages, with innovative facilities and support structures in place to enable residents to lead an active and varied lifestyle.
Applicants for this Unit Manager position should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified and registered as an Adult/General Nurse (RGN) or Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- Extensive elderly care experience in a leadership role
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge
- Provide evidence of continuing professional development, including having completed a recognised teaching and mentorship qualification
- Up to date knowledge of best practices of care, CQC requirements, quality standards, DoLS and the MCA
As Unit Manager, you will take responsibility for the day to day management of the General
Nursing Unit and will manage and monitor the delivery of high quality care to residents, promoting best practices in all areas of clinical and personal care. Your time in this role will be split equally between undertaking clinical and supernumerary duties.
This is a full time role with a 42 hour working week. Competitive rates of pay are offered of £15 to £16 per hour, with an excellent staff benefits package also provided.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this post, please submit your CV through the link provided.
For more information about this vacancy or any other managerial posts within the Health and Social Care sector, please contact Phill Ogden at SYK Recruitment on 01535 604940 or alternatively, please visit our website for a full list of vacancies.