Zentar UK is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated Ward Manager to work in the Endoscopy division of our client.
Our client is the UK's largest independently owned not for profit hospital, consisting of over 250 patient beds and 12 operating theatres including dedicated endoscopy suites, a day surgery unit and an 14 bedded Intensive Care Unit.
My client is offering a friendly and supportive working environment, with staff benefits including pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance and an interest-free season ticket loan. Nursing accommodation may also be available. The Clinic has an excellent Clinical Training and Practice Development department and strongly supports continuing professional development and education.
The post holder will have an overall operational view of the Endoscopy unit and will align this service with the other key clinical departments within the main hospital, ensuring compliance to regulations, patient safety, patient satisfaction and continued success.
Main Duties/ Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide managerial and professional leadership and be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, patient-centred endoscopy care across The London Clinic that meets the needs of the patients and their families
- Take a lead role in implementing and meeting the standards required to attain GRS/ JAG accreditation
- Work closely with the Head of Nursing in the on-going evaluation and review of the delivery of the Endoscopy unit
- Plan staff duty rotas so that staff/ patient allocation is effective and economical taking into account staff skill mix
- Ensure that the operational and strategic practice of endoscopy is regularly communicated throughout The London Clinic and that appropriate consultation takes place when significant change is required
- Ensure policies relevant to Endoscopy are set, reviewed and updated as appropriate and adhered to by all staff within your sphere of influence